The primary goal of the Code Enforcement Officer is to protect the public health, safety and welfare in all existing structures and premises by directing the enforcement of municipal code requirements pursuant to the 2009 International Property Maintenance Code.
The Code Enforcement Officer's Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Systematic neighborhood inspections;
- Exterior housing inspections regarding structural or sanitation violations;
- Inspection and validation of complaints filed by neighbors or other interested parties;
- Inspection of Rental Units;
- The filing of charges, issuance of citations and presentation of cases in District Court.
If you wish to file a complaint regarding property maintenance, please use this form.